Chicken, portabella, and pistachio cream (serves 2)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 portabella mushrooms steams removed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup pistachios
- Pea Sprouts or other sprout
- Almond milk to cover pistachios
- ½ red or orange pepper cut in small pieces pickled
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 and ½ herbs de Province
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- Teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- Bring to simmer then remove from heat
- 2 hours to 1 day before hand cut up pepper and add to pickling liquid
- 2 hours before cover pistachios with water and let soak
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring stock to boil, add bay leaf, and 1-teaspoon herbs de Provence, and then add chicken breast (Add more broth if needed to make sure breasts are covered). Once the stock hits a boil, bring to simmer and simmer breasts for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and coverand let breasts sit in broth for 10-15 minutes.
Mix olive oil with balsamic and brush mushrooms both inside and out. Place on flat tray round site and place in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Drain pistachios from water and add to high-speed blender with ½ teaspoon herbs de Provence. Add enough almond milk to just cover and blend. Add more almond milk to keep texture about that a thick cream. Add salt to taste.
Remove breasts and cut on diagonal. Place in mushroom caps and cover with pistachio cream. Top with pickled peppers and spouts and then serve.by