Liver-DX™ is a comprehensive formula designed to support liver health when environmental toxins are present. This unique combination of amino acids, herbs, and other nutrients aids in fat metabolism within the liver, promotes glutathione synthesis, supports the safe elimination of toxins, and supplies a broad range of antioxidants to help reduce free radical damage. Liver-DX™ is recommended to support Phase I and Phase II detoxification pathways.
• A dietary supplement to support liver health and detoxification functions.
• Liver-DX™ is a comprehensive formula designed to support liver functions in the following ways:
Phase I and Phase II liver detoxification
• Phase I detoxification involves a group of enzymes, known as the cytochrome P450 family, which are all imbedded in healthy cell membranes of liver cells. When cytochrome P450 metabolizes a toxin, it chemically transforms it to a less toxic form, and/or makes it water soluble for the Phase II enzymes.
• Phase II detoxification involves a process called conjugation, which neutralizes the toxin and makes it easily excreted through the urine or bile. There are six Phase II detoxification pathways; glutathione conjugation, amino acid (namely glycine) conjugation, methylation, sulfation, acetylation and glucuronidation.
Phase I detoxification support:
• Choline and Inositol are necessary components of all cell membranes. It is essential for the membranes of liver cells to be healthy in order to support the Cytochrome P450 enzymes.
Choline and Inositol also support fat and cholesterol
metabolism within the liver.
• DIM (diindolylmethane) is a naturally occurring sulphur compound found in cruciferous vegetables, like broccoli or cauliflower. It has been found to support both Phase I and
Phase II liver detoxification as well as the detoxification of estrogen metabolites.
• Biotin is a B vitamin which aids in cell growth, fat metabolism and energy generation.
Phase II detoxification support:
• Calcium glucarate is a buffered source of glucaronic acid which supports glucuronidation. The glucuronidation process aids the body in detoxifying and eliminating fungal toxins, steroid hormones and automobile exhaust.
• Milk Thistle is an herb that has been used traditionally for liver health. Its active constituent, silybin, acts as an antioxidant, supports glutathione levels and normal liver cell
• L-Methionine is an amino acid necessary for the production of SAMe and the methylation pathway. Methionine is a sulfur- containing amino acid that aids in fat metabolism and glutathione production.
• N-Acetyl Cysteine is a derivative of the amino acid cysteine.
Cysteine is an important amino acid for the formation of glutathione.
• L-Glycine is important for the amino acid conjugation path way which is used to combine with and neutralize unwanted substances. Those individuals on a low protein diet may become deficient in the glycine conjugation pathway when chronically exposed to toxins.
• Alpha lipoic acid is a fat and water soluble antioxidant that may help recycle other natural antioxidants involved in liver metabolism.
• Turmeric is an herb that has been used in traditional medicine in India for centuries. Turmeric has a rich store of antioxidants which help to protect cells from free radicals. It has also been shown to support gallbladder function, an important organ involved in the storage and release of bile.
vegetable cellulose, vegetarian leucine, rice flour.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, twice daily.
If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.