Our milk thistle contains antioxidant flavonoids collectively known as Silymarin which appear to support liver cell membrane health.* Silybin is the most beneficial component of Silymarin. Our Milk Thistle is standardized to yield 240 mg (80%) Silybin per capsule.
• A vegetarian herbal supplement to support healthy liver function and detoxification.
• Recommended to support:
Liver Health and Function
• Used historically (for over 2,000 years) to support liver and biliary function.
FoodScience’s Milk Thistle
• Milk Thistle contains antioxidant flavonoids collectively known as Silymarin, which appear to support liver membrane health.
• Silymarin, the key compound in milk thistle, is composed mainly of silybin, approximately 70%, along with a mixture of other flavonoids. Silybin is the most beneficial component found in silymarin.
• Silymarin is a potent antioxidant, and supports stabilization of cellular membranes, detoxification pathways. It is shown to support phase II detoxification pathways in mice.
• FoodScience’s Milk Thistle is standardized to yield 240 mg (80%) Silymarin per capsule.
• Milk Thistle supports liver detoxification through its antioxidant activity, and its support of bile production (to help emulsify fats). It also has a soothing effect on liver, kidney and bladder tissues.
• Milk Thistle has been the subject of numerous scientific and clinical studies.
Milk Thistle Supports:
Liver and kidney cell health
Fat digestion and bile production
Balanced blood sugar and cholesterol levels within normal ranges
Excretion of cholesterol
Normalizes tumor necrosis factor (TNF) and leukotriene secretion
Protein synthesis in the liver, which helps transform LDLs to HDLs and supports healthy liver cell function
rice flour, vegetable cellulose, vegetarian leucine.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule with breakfast and 1 capsule with lunch.
If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Color of this product may vary due to color variations of the natural ingredients.