A Vitamin/Mineral Supplement for Older Dogs. Daily Best Senior is a comprehensive multiple vitamin/mineral formula containing nutrients that are important to support immune, cardiovascular, G.I. tract, eye, skin, connective tissue, joint, liver, and brain health.
• Recommended for geriatric dogs of all breeds and sizes. Daily Best Senior is specifically formulated to focus on geriatric dogs by combining a balance of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, digestive enzymes, and antioxidants to support and maintain the physical and mental well-being of senior dogs.
• Daily Best Senior incorporates important components necessary to the health of senior dogs, that are not always found in commercial dog food or ordinary supplements. For instance, the amino acid Taurine is vital for maintaining the health of the heart, blood cells, muscles, and the central nervous system.
• The amino acids L-Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Cysteine, L-Proline, and L-Lysine were added to our advanced Senior formula. These amino acids help to support enzymes, antibodies, and hormones. L-Cysteine is a sulfur containing amino acid that is important for maintaining glutathione (GSH) levels for optimal antioxidant protection. We’ve also increased the levels of L-Methionine, an amino acid that is important in methylation reactions and SAMe production. Adding L-Cysteine and
increasing L-Methionine levels is important because GSH is the master antioxidant of the cell and SAMe is the body’s major methyl donor and levels of these two important nutrients decrease with age.
• We have doubled the amount of Choline which supports proper nervous system function and normal liver function and fat metabolism. A deficiency of Choline may result in fatty build-up in the liver, an inability to digest fat efficiently, and kidney or liver dysfunction.
• We have increased the amount of Vitamins A and E which provide antioxidant protection to aging dogs as well as supporting normal cell division, immune system and cardiovascular function. They also support nerve, blood vessel, and skin health. Vitamin A is also important for eye health in aging dogs. Increasing the levels of Vitamin A and Vitamin E is important because of the increased essential fatty acids supplied in this supplement and these vitamins will help maintain the integrity of the fats in this supplement as well as the fats in the dog’s body.
• We have added ten times more Betaine to our senior formula due to its beneficial methyl donating effects that supports optimal function and health of the cardiovascular, neurological, and liver detoxification systems.
• We’ve added Alpha Linolenic acid (an Omega-3 fatty acid) and increased the levels of Linoleic Acid (an Omega-6 fatty acid) for a balanced source of fatty acids. These essential fatty acids cannot be made by the body and are important for skin and coat, cardiovascular function and nerve transmission. They are vital components of every cell’s membrane and are used by the body for production of hormones and prostaglandins.
• No other senior formula contains such a complete range of vital nutrients at optimal levels that are essential to the health of aging dogs. Daily Best Senior is a tasty natural hickory smoke flavored chewable tablet that dogs love the taste of.
Units for Lipase is FIP. Units for Bromelain is GD. Units for Pepsin is FCC and for Proteese is HUT.
yeast, taurine, tricalcium phosphate, natural hickory smoke
flavor, natural liver flavor, glycine, carnitine, cysteine,
histidine, lysine, proline, magnesium oxide, ascorbic acid,
choline bitartrate, lecithin, dried kelp (source of iodine),
vitamin E supplement, betaine hydrochloride, thiamine
mononitrate, niacinamide, d-calcium pantothenate, inositol,
dl-methionine, lipase (from aspergillus oryzae), bromelain
bromelain (pineapple stem), pepsin (pork stomach), protease
(from aspergillus oryzae), iron proteinate, linoleic acid,
alpha linoleic acid, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride,
p-aminobenzoic acid, vitamin A (acetate), dried carrot powder,
xanthophyll, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silicon
dioxide, zinc gluconate, manganese amino acid chelate,
vitamin D3 supplement, potassium citrate, cobalt citrate,
sodium selenite, copper gluconate, folic acid, vitamin B12
Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, brewers yeast, l-taurine, tricalcium phosphate, natural hickory smoke flavor, natural liver flavor, l-glycine, l-carnitine, l-cysteine, lhistidine, l-lysine, l-proline, magnesium oxide, ascorbic acid, choline bitartrate, lecithin, kelp (source of iodine), vitamin E supplement, betaine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, niacinamide, d-calcium pantothenate, inositol, l-methionine, lipase (from aspergillus oryzae), bromelain (from pineapple), pepsin (from aspergillus oryzae), protease (from aspergillus oryzae), iron proteinate, linoleic acid, alpha linolenic acid, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, para-aminobenzoic acid, vitamin A oil (from fish liver oil), carrot powder, xanthophyll, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide,
zinc gluconate, manganese amino acid chelate, vitamin D3 supplement, potassium citrate, cobalt citrate, sodium selenite, copper gluconate, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity).
Under 20 lbs: Give 1 tablet daily.
20 - 70 lbs: Give 2 tablets daily.
Over 70 lbs: Give 3 tablets daily.
When giving more than one tablet, divide between AM and PM.
*Daily Value (DV) not established.