High Protein, Low-Calorie Liquid Meal Option, Dutch Chocolate
BariatriX Essentials™ Bariatric Meal is a medical food formulated to provide specialized nutritional support for bariatric patients pre- and postoperatively by supplying a desirable balance of high quality protein, carbohydrates, and fat in beverage form, along with key nutrients crucial to overall nutritional status and tissue healing after bariatric surgery.
- Designed to address potential "dumping syndrome"
- Low-glycemic index (glycemic indes of 36 referenced against glucose) to encourage healthy insulin function and blood sugar levels.
- Provides nutrients that support immune system function
- Provides nutrients necessary to encourage healthy tissue healing and repair.
- No high-fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners.
As bariatric patients know, proper bariatric nutrition is a vital part of losing weight and maintaining health. A healthy bariatric eating plan should include adequate intake of protein, vitamins, and minerals to achieve the desired weight loss and overall health goals.
BariatrX Essentials is a great-tasting, low-calorie medical food in powdered beverage form uniquely designed to nutritionally support the health needs of pre- and post-operative bariatric patients. This high protein liquid meal option also provides targeted nutrients to support the management of the specific health concerns of post-bariatric patients, such as energy levels, hair and nail growth, immune health, and tissue repair.
- May reduce the incidence of adverse consequences of bariatric procedures such as dumping syndrome.
- Formulated with a blend of superior soy and whey proteins to promote the growth of lean muscle mass while supporting the loss of unhealthy fat.
- Contains a targeted blend of macro- and micronutrients designed to meet the specific needs of the bariatric patient
- Supports hair and nail growth.
- Helps to reduce fatigue and weakness.
- Supports immune system function.
- Provides nutritional building blocks for tissue health and repair
- Provides calcium, which along with regular exercise and a healthy diet, can play a significant role in reducing the rate of bone loss or bone thinning and in protecting bone strength
- Features body-ready folates for cardiovascular health
- Provides fiber for cardiovascular and gastrointestinal health
- Contains heart-healthy soy protein. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 25 grams of soy protein a day may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Soy protein has also been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects
- A satisfying, low-residue meal option of only 85 calories
- Mixes with water or other recommended beverages to make a quick and tasty beverage
- Mix with fruit, yogurt, or ice to make a smoothie
- Available in 3 natural flavors: Vanilla Crème, Banana Supreme, Dutch Chocolate
Contents sold by weight, not volume. Some settling may occur during shipping and handling.
This product is produced in a facility that produces products containing soy, dairy, fish, and crustacean shellfish.
This product contains Vitamin A.
Info per Serving: Calories 85, Fat 1 g,Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 89 mg, Potassium 186 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Dietary Fiber 2 g, Protein* 10 g. *Protein includes non-Genettically Engineered, Identity-Preserved Soy Protein.
Bariatric Meal may be mixed with chilled water, nonfat milk, electrolyte replacement beverages, reduced calorie beverages, or other liquids recommended by your healthcare practitioner. Fresh or frozen fruit, as well as ice or extract flavorings, may be added to customize the texture and taste. Prolonged blending may cause foaming. Volume of fluid may be adjusted to change consistency.
1 MONTH PRE-OP: Replace 1 meal with 3 level scoops into 12 oz. of liquid once daily.
0-3 MONTHS POST-OP: Mix 1 level scoop into 4 oz. of liquid 6 times per day.
3-6 MONTHS POST-OP: Mix 3 level scoops into 12 oz. of liquid 2 times per day.
6 MONTHS POST-OP: Mix 3 level scoops into 12 oz. of liquid 1 time per day.
Or as direccted by your healthcare practitioner. Additional fluids throughout the day promote adequate hydration. Regular exercise is an essential component of a healthy body composition program.
Formulated to Exclude: Wheat, gluten, yeast, egg, fish, crustacean shellfish, nuts, tree nuts, or artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors.
NOTICE: This product is to be used under the direct supervision of a physician or other licensed healthcare practitioner. Do not engage in any diet supplying less than 800 calories per day without medical supervision. Do not use as a sole source of nutrition.
WARNING: in case of persistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or other symptoms contact your physician. Such symptoms may be the result of bariatric surgery. Excess vitamin a intake may be toxic and may increase the risk of birth defects. Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant should not exceed 5000 IU of preformed vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) per day.
STORAGE: Keep tightly colsed in a cool, dry place.
TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.