One enteric coated tablet yields 200 mg of S-adenosylmethionine. SAM-e is found naturally in every cell in the human body. It also increases levels of important neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine, and helps protect the liver from fat infiltration. Enteric coated tablet provides maximum assimilation.
• A dietary supplement to support positive mood balance, joint and liver functions
• S-Adenosylmethionine (SAM-e) is a naturally occurring compound that is found within every cell of the body. SAM-e is produced from methionine, an amino acid found in protein rich foods.
• Scientific research and clinical trials have also shown SAM-e to be beneficial for brain functions, liver health and comfort.
SAM-e has been used for over 25 years in Europe.
• FoodScience® of Vermont uses only the tosylate disulfate form of SAM-e, which is the form used in all of the research and clinical trials done in Europe.
• SAM-e is not readily obtained through our diet. Everyday environmental, physical, and emotional factors contribute to the reduction of SAM-e levels in the body. Therefore, supplementation may help maintain optimal levels of SAM-e.
• SAM-e is naturally produced in the body and its metabolic roles include:
Building blocks for connective tissues
Balancing of biochemical reactions in the brain
Helping to support and maintain cartilage in bones
Supporting liver function including detoxification
• Some research indicates that low mood states, joint discomfort, mood imbalance and liver dysfunction are all associated with low levels of SAM-e in the body.
• Enteric coated to ensure stability and proper release into the small intestine allowing for maximum utilization in the body and minimum stomach upset. Each enteric coated tablet yields 200 mg of elemental SAM-e.
mannitol, citric acid, cellulose, stearic acid, sodium starch glycolate,
croscarmellose sodium, silica, glyceryl triacetate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose phthalate,
As a dietary supplement, take 1 tablet, twice daily between meals.
Check with your healthcare practitioner if taking any MAO inhibitor drugs. Persons with Bipolar Disorder (manic depression) should not take this product. If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.