• L-Theanine is a dietary supplement that helps
promote a restful state.
- Stress Management
- Reducing irritability
• L-Theanine is a naturally occurring amino acid found in
green tea and is a derivative of glutamic acid, a major
neurotransmitter in the brain.
• L-Theanine is known for its calming effects in the brain
and has been shown to support concentration and focus
while it reduces irritability and low mood states. It
directly stimulates production of alpha brain waves,
giving the body a sense of deep relaxation and mental
alertness without drowsiness.
• L-Theanine enables the body to produce other calming
amino acids, such as dopamine, GABA and Tryptophan
and helps with concentration, focus, deep muscle
relaxation and improved quality sleep.
• L-Theanine has been shown to also help the regulation
of blood pressure within normal ranges. L-Theanine
produces beneficial effects on the nervous and
• L-Theanine from FoodScience® of Vermont is
Suntheanine® brand from Taiyo International, Inc. which
has been extensively researched. Research studies on
Suntheanine® include reducing stress and irritability,
promoting relaxation, sleep quality, learning and
• Suntheanine® brand L-Theanine is structurally identical
to the L -Theanine compound naturally found in green
tea. It should be noted however, that all research
mentioned was conducted using Suntheanine® brand
(100% pure L-Theanine) and not L-Theanine from
Green Tea Extract.
• L-Theanine can be used daily or just when you need to
• L-Theanine from Suntheanine® supports relaxation
without causing drowsiness.
• Each vegetarian capsule provides 200 mg of 100% pure
rice flour, vegetable cellulose, vegetable stearate.
As a dietary supplement, take one capsule daily.
Warning: If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your
health care practitioner before taking this or any