A natural plant product made from the bark of the European coastal pine (Pinus maritima). Pycnogenol® pine bark extract is a concentrate of a special class of bioflavonoids called proanthocyanidins. Pycnogenol® is standardized to yield 85 mg (85%) proanthocyanidins per two capsules.
• a dietary supplement to support the immune system, vascular functions and skin health.
• Recommended for:
Recurrent or persistent skin or respiratory concerns
Children and Adults who find it difficult to concentrate or focus
Skin and collagen health
Ability to focus
Cellular integrity and functionality
Immune System function
(Pine Bark Extract) is a source of proanthocyanidins (PCOs).
• PCOs are bioflavonoids, a group of water-soluble, low molecular weight plant substances with recognized antioxidant (free radical scavenging) properties. They have the ability to inhibit the activity of certain enzymes which cause pro-inflammatory reactions within the body. PCOs are unique because they are immediately bioavailable.
• In some comparative tests, Proanthocyanidins were found to be 50 times more potent than Vitamin e and 20 times more potent than Vitamin c as antioxidants.
Free radicals are oxygen atoms which can badly damage cell structures leading to lowered immune response and vulnerability to numerous degenerative diseases. The PCOs in Pycnogenol® are able to perform within the cell membrane and neutralize both fat and water-soluble free radicals.
• PCO’s are important to brain function, because they are one of the few dietary antioxidants that readily crosses the blood-brain barrier to directly support healthy brain cells, focus, concentration and memory.
• Proanthocyanidins help to prevent the release of histamine from mast cells thereby reducing the adverse effects of histamine.
• Proanthocyanidins support capillary strength. Weak capillaries can contribute to bruising, elastin and collagen dysfunction, excess fluid in tissues, and circulatory insufficiencies.
• Pycnogenol® also has the unique ability to bond to collagen fibers. It may support the inhibition of the natural enzymes your body makes that normally break down collagen. By restoring collagen, Pycnogenol®helps support flexibility of skin, joints, arteries, capillaries, and other tissues.
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules with breakfast and 2 capsules with lunch for two weeks. Then take 2 capsules daily with breakfast.
If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Color of this product may vary due to color variations of the natural ingredients. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.