This product is backordered. The manufacturer has not provided an availability date. We can take orders for this product, but cannot estimate shipping or delivery dates.
Lactobacillus Acidophilus (Lactose Free) 60 Capsules
Save 28% off retail
Long-Term Backorder, Will Ship when Available
Lactobacillus acidophilus is a beneficial strain of bacteria often referred to as a healthy microorganism, gut flora and a probiotic. Probiotics help maintain a balance between healthy and potentially harmful micro-organisms. Many strains of bacteria have been used in probiotic supplements. The lactobacillus species is most prominent in the small intestine.
• A dietary supplement to support proper balance of intestinal flora.
• Lactobacillus acidophilus is a beneficial strain of bacteria often referred to as a healthy microorganism, gut flora and a probiotic. Probiotics help maintain a balance between healthy and potentially harmful micro-organisms. Many strains of bacteria have been used in probiotic supplements. The lactobacillus species is most prominent in the small intestine.
• Digestion and the small intestine
The most important part of digestion takes place in the small intestine. Nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats and carbohydrates are absorbed into the bloodstream where they then travel to all body cells. Lactobacillus acidophilus is a major beneficial strain of bacteria involved in digestion. When out of balance, digestive disturbance and gastro-intestinal imbalance may occur. One way of maintaining a balance between the beneficial and harmful bacteria in the gut is to consume a source of beneficial bacteria in the diet.
• What can affect the balance between beneficial and harmful bacteria?
Use of medications
• Imbalance of beneficial and harmful bacteria may result in:
Poor nutrient absorption
Poor skin health
• About Lactobacillus Acidophilus
Contains 1.5 billion lactobacilli per capsule which is a higher amount than yogurt
Needs no refrigeration
For children and adults
2 capsules, 30 servings per container
cellulose, gelatin, maltodextrin, stearic acid.
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules between meals, once daily.
If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Color of this product may vary due to color variations of the natural ingredients.
Serving Size is 2 capsules*Daily Value (DV) not established.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Write a Review
Have you tried Food Science of Vermont Lactobacillus Acidophilus (Lactose Free)? Share your experience with others; Review this product here!