Flax Seed Oil is the richest source of omega-3 fatty acids. It also contains omega-6 fatty acids in appropriate ratios to promote balanced prostaglandin production that is necessary for maintaining homeostasis and regulating cell activity. This product is produced from organically grown flax. Flax Seed Oil is cold pressed, which means you get the full advantage of its natural compounds. Some manufacturing procedures use heat, which renders the fats inactive and unusable by the body.
• A Dietary Supplement to Support Cardiovascular and Immune System Functions.
Flax Seed Oil:
• Provides Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9 Essential Fatty Acids.
• Is a great vegetarian source of Omega 3 fatty acids.
• Naturally provides a 1:4 ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acids.
• Supports Cardiovascular and Immune System functions.
•Supports Prostaglandin Balance.
Provides Essential Fatty Acids:
• Essential fatty acids(EFAs) are polyunsaturated fats that the body cannot manufacture and must be obtained from foods.
• Omega 3 EFAs are produced from Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA). The Omega 3 fatty acids are especially important for the heart, brain and cell membranes.
• Omega 6 EFAs are made from LinoleicAcid (LA). The body uses Omega 6 fatty acids to produce the PGE1 series of prostaglandins, which support immune system function and skin health.
•Omega 9 or OleicAcid is a monounsaturated fatty acid not considered essential because the body can produce it. Omega 9 fatty acids may help support cardiovascular function.
Flax Seed Oil Naturally Provides a 1:4 ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3:
• Research indicates the American diet has a ratio of 20:1 in favor of the Omega 6 fatty acids. Ideally this ratio should be 4:1 (Omega 6/Omega 3). The ratio of the Omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acids in Flax Seed Oil is 1:4 (150 mg of LAto 585 mgALA). Most diets supply much higher amounts of Omega 6 as compared to Omega 3 causing an imbalance of the Omega 6/Omega 3 ratio.
Flax Seed Oil Supports Prostaglandin Balance:
• Prostaglandins are hormone-like substances that regulate many of the body’s functions, including smooth muscle contraction, dilation of blood vessels and are mediators in the process of inflammation.
•Prostaglandins are produced from Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids and they must be in proper balance to maintain optimal cellular functions.
•Flax Seed Oil provides Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids in an optimal ratio.
• Flax Seed Oil is cold pressed which means you get the full advantage of its natural compounds. Some manufacturing procedures use heat, which renders the fats inactive and unusable by the body.
•This product is produced from organically grown flax.
gelatin, vegetable glycerin, natural caramel color, purified water.
As a dietary supplement, take 1 softgel with a meal, 1 to 3 times daily.
If pregnant, nursing or taking medications, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Color of this product may vary due to color variations of the natural ingredients. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place and avoid excessive heat.