Minerals are necessary for proper composition of body fluids, the formation of bone and blood, the maintenance of healthy nerve function and regulation of muscle tone including the muscles of the cardiovascular system.
• a balanced, multiple mineral formula that contains 9 key minerals in easily assimilated forms.
• Proper composition of body fluids
• Formation of bone and blood
• Maintenance of healthy nerve function
• Regulation of muscle tone including the muscles of the cardiovascular system
About the Minerals
• Calcium is essential to maintaining total body health. The body needs it every day not just to keep bones and teeth strong, but to ensure proper functioning of muscles and nerves. Mineral deficiencies, particularly calcium, have been linked with creating a low pH (acidic) environment inside the body.
• Magnesium is important for bone health because it assists with calcium and potassium uptake. It is necessary to prevent calcification of soft tissue, protects arterial linings from stress caused by sudden blood pressure changes and it is involved in carbohydrate and mineral metabolism.
• Iron is an integral part of many proteins and enzymes that maintain good health. In humans, iron is an essential component of proteins involved in oxygen transport. It is also essential for the regulation of cell growth.
• Potassium is an electrolyte that is lost in sweat, and is very important for proper muscle contraction. It works with sodium to control the body’s water balance, as well as prevent cramping and lactic acid build up. It also helps to support blood pressure within normal ranges.
• Iodine (from kelp) is vital for good thyroid function, which in turn is essential for health.
• Zinc is an essential mineral that is found in almost every cell. It stimulates the activity of approximately 100 enzymes that promote biochemical reactions in your body. Zinc supports a healthy immune system, is needed for wound healing and is
needed for DNA synthesis.
• Selenium is an essential trace mineral which acts as an antioxidant, and is important to the immune system. It is the essential mineral cofactor in glutathione peroxidase and functions with Vitamin e in neutralizing free radicals and lipid peroxidation within cell membranes. Selenium also supports the cardiovascular system and the process. Low zinc intake exacerbates the effect of low iodine intake.
• Copper is required by the body to convert iron into hemoglobin, and is an essential constituent of many important body enzymes including a form of superoxide dismutase, a major cellular antioxidant.
• Chromium is an essential mineral needed for activity in carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism.
Stearic acid, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, vegetable stearate, silica, methylcellulose (coating). Stearic acid, zinc sulfate, pharmaceutical glaze, iron fumarate, atlantic kelp, silica, magnesium stearate, copper gluconate, selenomethionine, Chromium amino acid chelate.
Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under the age of 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately. If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Color of this product may vary due to color variations of the natural ingredients. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. This product contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.