Scientists have known for years that certain biological components of whey protein (including lactoferrin, beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, glycomacropeptide, and immunoglobulins) have a beneficial impact on the immune system. Life Extension offers a specially designed whey protein isolate, using proprietary production methodology, that has been shown to support healthy immune function, protect against free radical attack, and help maintain lean muscle mass. Using a cross flow microfiltration technique, it is possible to produce a high-quality, 98% undenatured whey protein isolate that acts as an immune stimulant and retains all the important subfractions, such as lactoferrin, a strong antioxidant with immune-stimulating properties.
Whey protein is:
• contains a high concentration of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) leucine, isoleucine and valine, which play an important role in maintaining healthy muscle function
• is rich in sulfur-containing amino acids cysteine and methionine, which support a healthy immune response through intracellular conversion to glutathione
• provides potent antioxidant activity
• supports healthy cardiovascular function by maintaining healthy blood pressure and lipid levels that are already within a normal range
• promotes protein synthesis and muscle growth
Typical Amino Acid Profile
(Approximate g per serving):
Alanine 1. 01 g
Arginine 0. 35 g
Aspartic Acid 1. 96 g
Cysteine 0. 41 g
Glutamic Acid 2. 68 g
Glycine 0. 33 g
Histidine 0. 21 g
Isoleucine 1. 17 g
Leucine 1. 75 g
Lysine 1. 52 g
Methionine 0. 35 g
Phenylalanine 0. 51 g
Proline 1. 09 g
Serine 0. 82 g
Threonine 1. 32 g
Tryptophan 0. 16 g
Tyrosine 0. 43 g
Valine 1. 05 g
1 Scoop (20 g), 23 servings per container
Milk and soybeans.
Provon® 292 rBST Free whey protein isolate, natural vanilla flavor, soy lecithin, maltodextrin, modified food starch, stevia extract. BioFerrin 1000 containing 95 apolactoferrin (50 mg), 475 mg
Mix one scoop in approximately 4 to 8 ounces of water, milk or juice (to taste) daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. This product mixes best in room temperature liquid. Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed recommended dose. Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged. When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Serving Size is 1 Scoop (20 g)*Daily Value (DV) not established.
Write a Review
Have you tried Life Extension Whey Protein Isolate? Share your experience with others; Review this product here!