Life Extension® members are well aware that vegetable soups sold by processed food companies are loaded with high-glycemic carbohydrates rice, potatoes, or pasta and inexpensive ingredients such as corn, sugar, and even omega-6 fats such as cottonseed oil. In other words, they provide little in the way of health benefits. That’s why they’ve come to rely on the vegetable soups from Life Extension that contain only healthy ingredients—loads of fresh vegetables, mushrooms, heart-healthy extra-virgin olive oil, and a host of other beneficial plant foods. These soups are low in sodium and are made with no saturated fat, cholesterol, Trans fat, or dairy.
The newest addition to this family of nutritionally-rich soups is Rich Rewards™ Black Bean Vegetable Soup. It delivers the same healthy vegetable ingredients but with the additional health benefits of black beans and barley and is an excellent source of fiber.
Extensive documentation demonstrates that black beans:
• Significantly support blood sugar levels that are already within the normal range even over a prolonged period and even when combined with higher-glycemic foods.
• Provide significant support for the DNA integrity of bone marrow and peripheral blood cells.
• Are associated with support for cardiovascular health.
• Improve short-term satiety and weight loss, when combined with a reduced calorie diet.
• Promote healthy gastrointestinal function, providing healthy colonic bacteria with the perfect mixture of compounds to promote the production of butyric acid, which is used by colon-lining cells to keep the lower digestive tract functioning smoothly.
Barley has been shown to:
• Support the colonic fermentation of indigestible or insolublecarbohydrates.
• Provide a rich source of soluble fiber, which promotes bowel function and metabolic health.
• Support blood sugar and insulin levels that are already in the normal range which it does better than other grains.
• Help maintain levels of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and blood pressure23 already in the normal range.
• Support weight control through increased satiety and decreased overall caloric ingestion.
Suitable for vegans, each serving of Rich Rewards™ Black Bean Vegetable Soup offers impressive nutrition: 52% of your daily fiber value, 28% of your daily protein value, and a rich supply of vegetables, all in just 180 calories. The entire container supplies about 3. 5 servings.
Water, Diced Tomatoes in Juice (tomatoes, tomato juice, citric acid, calcium chloride), Barley, Black Beans, Mushroom, Tomato Paste, Carrot, Red Pepper, Celery, Natural Porcini Mushroom Flavor (maltodextrin, mushroom extract, salt), Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Paprika Smoked, Black Pepper, Basil, Parsley, Thyme.
Open bottle. Pour. Heat. Enjoy. Do not microwave bottle. Reseal and store any unused portion in the refrigerator. Consume within 2–3 days. Do not use if tamper-evident seal under cap is broken.